Welcome

Friday, January 1, 2010

About Where can a fourteen year old work in Fort Wayne, Indiana

Where can a fourteen year old work in Fort Wayne, Indiana?
I would like a job at 14 that pays good. Also, a job that will let me go to school. I need a job that i can work nights and weekends.
Horses - 4 Answers
People's Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
Answer 1 :
Your not going to find a good paying job at your age. Employers must follow the child labor law, so your hours to work will be limited anyways. You might try to find a job , working at a local stables. There was one on Dupont rd. , Sunburst stables... I'm not sure if its still there. You could also do odd jobs for your neighbors, mowing the lawn, walking their dog, ect...
Answer 2 :
I don't know if it's still done, or if they do it that far north, but for my 13th, 14th, and 15th summers I worked for Pioneer detassling corn in southern IN. I'm 44 and sometimes I still wake up screaming, with visions of tassels flying by. Kind of like those old Lucy reruns in the candy factory... No, seriously...it is hard, hot nasty work, but you can earn enough in a few weeks during the summer to make up for a 10-15 hour part time job all school year. You'll have toned arms come fall, that's for sure.
Answer 3 :
I highly doubt that you will be able to get a job other than babysitting etc. at you age. Most places don't hire till 15, and even then its crappy jobs like collecting carts from scotts.
Answer 4 :
you could try to get a job at the following places: restaurant craft store (like robert's or michaels) baby-sitting p.s. i'm fourteen too. i'm going into ninth grade. what grade are you going into